It’s no secret-I’m a book addict. There are thousands upon thousands of books that I’d love to read but for now, I’m limiting myself to compiling a list of my top ten books/book series that I want to read.
While I love all sorts of genres I am a sucker for romances, supernatural adventures, and comedies.
Without further ado, here it is!
***Sorry I lied, first let me tell you that I left links to the summaries for each novel on Amazon.
***** Okay now read on
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. I’m pretty sure this book just came out. I was a huge Divergent fan (and not just because Theo James played Four in the movie) and so when I heard she was publishing a new series I was instantly intrigued. This novel is set in outer space, which isn’t a popular setting in the books I read. I also heard that there is a love story in it, so after that I knew that I needed to get my hands on this one.
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, Book 1: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I don’t know if you know this about me but I am Rick Riordan’s biggest fan. Yes, I am ashamed to say I haven’t read all of his books, but I’m hoping to remedy that. I read the Percy Jackson series when I was in middle school and was completely in love with it. I also have the first novel in his The Heroes of Olympus series. Not only is Riordan a great author, but it seems that he understands my love of mythology by writing these books. I did recently read a book about Norse mythology a few weeks ago (find my review here) so I’m quite interested to see how they compare with the general information.
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I just recently discovered this book series on iBooks, and it looks to be very interesting. It seems to be about an alien with extraordinary abilities living next door to an unsuspecting teenage girl. The summary of it hints towards some romance, which I am all about. It seems very similar to the book series I read called Lorien Legacies. I immediately wanted to buy this book the second I read the summary so don’t be surprised if there’s a book review soon… (hint)
- Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan. I read the Firelight series by this author and thought it was wonderful, so I’m very intrigued to read this one as well. It is the story of a kingdom’s lost princess after her parents were murdered and she was locked away. She meets a handsome archer (cough cough) who she is drawn to. They eventually have to escape the tower when it is attacked and brave a horrible forest to find safety. I think this book has a lot of potential, especially because I know that the author has written great books before. (I very much recommend the Firelight series).
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. The first thing that caught my eye about this novel was the cover. Sometimes judging a book by its cover is acceptable, okay?! In the description of this novel it compares it to The Selection, a wonderful book series by Kiera Cass. So that, combined with a pretty cover should make for a pretty good book. The plotline also sounds very interesting. There are two types of blood, silver-the elite, or red-the servants. The silver blooded are blessed with superhuman abilities while the red blooded serve them. Mare Barrow, the main character and also a red-blood, discovers that she has an ability of her own. I’d love to read this book but it’s $11 on iBooks so it may have to wait until I request it from the library…
- Dream of Me by Quinn Loftis. This series is by my all-time favorite author and I’m very shocked by myself that I haven’t read it yet. Loftis is great at choosing unique storylines, and this novel seems to hit that right on the spot. It is about the Sandman, a man who weaves dreams. He is tasked to influence a girl named Serenity to fulfill the plans her future had for her. The dream he is supposed to give her will not only change her future but perhaps the course of history. And no worries, Loftis never lets me down with her romance so I am ready to become captivated by her words once more.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Surprise, surprise this novel is not a romance. If I am not reading a romance novel I am getting into a novel that will make me think about things differently. This novel is about a ten-year-old with deformities on his face who was enrolled in school for the first time. In the description, it says the novel is insightful and funny at times. The iBooks review says “shows how small acts of courage and compassion can make a real difference.” I think that this novel will definitely open my eyes to aspects of life I may have never thought about.
- The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Soooo yes, I did choose another series of books by the same author I mentioned previously, but the summary was so good (again) I couldn’t resist. This series is called Titan and it is about a man named Seth who is charged with handling the Gods dirty work. Apollo suddenly gives him a task of protecting a college student, Josie. Long story short it sounds like another romance. I don’t know why most of the novels that I’m picking are romances, but hey, it’s fine.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. When I came across this book for the first time I immediately knew that I needed to read it. It’s set in 1986 over a school year about two star-crossed lovers that try desperately to make their love work out. It sounds absolutely adorable and a fun read.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhard. In the desparate attempt to find some books that I’d like to read but weren’t my normal favorites, I bring this one here to you now. It is about a group of friends ‘the Liars’ and a huge secret. A rich young girl suffers a head injury and loses her memories. This novel is set two years after the accident as she tries to piece the memories back together. I feel like this novel is going to have something more to it than what is in the description and I look forward to possibly reading it.
So that was 10! I’ve linked all of their titles to take you to their respective Amazon page so you can read up on their summaries a bit more if you’re interested!
You may see some book reviews soon featuring some of these novels!