Happy New Years! It’s the second day of 2017, which seems absolutely crazy to me! Wasn’t it just yesterday that I was stressing about NaNo WriMo in November?
I took an unplanned break with the blog, as you may have seen. I had a lot of things to work on for school that needed to be finished before I felt that I could dedicate more time to my blog. So now that it’s (mostly) wrapped up, I will be back to my regular ‘couple posts a week’ schedule!
I felt that my first 2017 post should be me listing out my goals so that I could have something to reference later in the year when I’m looking for things to do.
- Complete and publish at least 1 novel. Just one. Not too much to ask for right?
- Attempt to write a chapter or two of a mystery novel.
- Create a long master list of character names that I like but have never used.
- Take a look at all of the writing documents on my computer and sort through them to see what could work as a future project.
- Sweep over some other writer’s blogs to see what my blog needs more or less of.
- Adding on to #5, maybe a new blog design?
- Work on some writing prompts that I started last year.
There will probably be more added to this list as time goes on, but this is all I could think of at the moment. What are your writing goals of 2017? A new project perhaps?
Either way, I hope you brought in the New Year with a bang!