With NaNo coming up shortly, I thought that practicing writing would do everyone some good! Below I have created some fall writing prompts for you to choose from.
- A Scary Story
- You can do a lot with this one, from the perspective of a scared child listening to a scary story to someone discovering a book of scary stories whose characters begin to come to life.
- Everyone loves doing pumpkins! You can take a personal experience on your favorite pumpkin carving, or even create a wild back story as to why we carve pumpkins in the first place.
- Or, maybe you’re looking for the perfect pumpkin to take home with you. How long will it take?
- Halloween Costumes
- Is getting a costume a chore? Or a fun competition? You decide.
- Or maybe, at the end of the night, your costume doesn’t come off…
- Fall traditions
- You could write a story on any fall tradition, from taking hay rides, to drinking apple cider and eating donuts any chance you get.
This gives you a pretty wide range of things to write about. The point is, start writing! Get your creative juices stirred up for the month ahead.