September? How can it be September?
This summer has gone by so fast, but I can happily say that it was great. Even though school is creeping around the corner, I feel ready and prepared for the storm that’s about to hit me.
I did some awesome things this summer, and I thought I could do a little recap.
- Summer started out with a trip to Indiana with my mom and grandma for Shipshewana. During that trip, I found out that I scored a 31 on the ACT, a score good enough to get me full tuition at Oakland University.
- I also participated in a summer reading challenge at my local library. I read some really good books and I even came away with a series that I am continuing to read in the fall. (The I Am Number Four series by Pittacus Lore)
- I signed up for the July Camp NaNo and came away with 10,000 words of my next novel.
- I finished editing and published Road to the Throne! That’s probably the most exciting thing I did this summer.
- I had an awesome time with my friends. We went shopping, saw movies, and had fun watching movies and tv shows.
While waking up at 5:30 does not appeal to me at all, I’m very excited for my last year of high school. I look forward to continuing this blog along with the next session of NaNo!
Happy last days of summer!